Feb 2, 2009

Last FM

My current work culture supports listening to music on headphones while going about your workday. This has sent me on a hunt to find new and changing music to listen to everyday. I have brought in CDs, listened to my iPod, scanned YouTube for new videos and found tonnes of great online radio stations. I have also become accustomed to searching for new music using music recommendation sites. My favourite - Last FM.

In plugging in some of the artists I have been listening to frequently, the following recommendations have been selected for me: In lieu of Death Cab for Cutie, I was offered All-Time Quarterback or Matt Pond PA. Vampire Weekends, Black Kids and Van She might fill you with the same fix as MGMT's Kids. Finally, Kings of Leon lovers might enjoy We Are Scientists and Cold War Kids.

Here's the song I cannot stop listening to. This is another great song by this band. The photo above is courtesy of the Silversun Pickups' website.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I've been using Last FM since the summer but still haven't heard of any of those new bands!

    BTW, resonding to your previous post, I thought spring cleaning started, well, in spring! :(

    My new year's resolution was to stop using my visa card so much, but it's going to get a good workout now ... as a wax scraper for our glass-topped dining table, once we blow out the 83 odd candles we have laying around the house.

    ReplyDelete