Feb 21, 2009

Oscar

With Oscar night tomorrow, people all over town are debating Slumdog Millionaire vs. Benjamin Button vs. Milk vs. Frost/Nixon. In thinking ahead to tomorrow's possible winners, here are some of my favourite style winners from red carpets of yesteryear.

Reese Witherspoon, my perennial favourite, at the 2007 Oscars for a great performance in Walk the Line, wearing Nina Ricci. In my humble opinion, she's sporting the ideal haircut - long and a full side bang.


Michelle Williams at the 2006 Oscars, for Brokeback Mountain, wearing Vera Wang. The yellow is so unexpected and fresh.

Gwyneth Paltrow at the 1999 Oscars in Ralph Lauren, where she accepted the Oscar for Shakespeare in Love. I love the sugary sweet pink.

Kirsten Dunst, my second favourite after Reese, in Chanel at the 2005 Oscars. I enjoy her quirky sensibility and fashion sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment