Feb 8, 2009

The Exception or The Rule?

I am certainly not a film critic; this winter I have enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire but also saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop on opening night (Greg's pick). I go back and forth in my mind over whether I fancied Rachel Getting Married, while I am certain How to Lose Friends and Alienate People would have been better sent strait to TV. Good Will Hunting is my favourite movie. I love North Country and No Country for Old Men. Fargo makes me laugh. Mary Poppins reminds me of my childhood. Marie Antoinette is the most asthetically pleasing movie I've ever seen. Rosemary's Baby scares me. I was one of the few people who liked Punch-Drunk Love.


This weekend we checked out He's Just Not That Into You at City Centre. I remember scanning the book a few years back and chuckling out loud. In the silver screen version, I laughed and I cried (I often cry at movies, so you may not). It is a fun movie for everyone (single, attached, happy or disgruntled) in the lead up to Valentine's Day. The 'documentary' vignettes are a highlight. You will be certain to laugh out loud over views on being dumped and caller ID. This is not an Oscar-worthy film, but it is casually enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment