Feb 11, 2009

Aprons

I am increasingly enjoying the programming on the Food Network. Though the station's offerings make me hungry, I find inspiration in shows like Fresh with Anna Olsen. The show's mantra, 'eat fresh, eat local', appeals to me. Women like Anna make me want to be a better cook.

My culinary skills are improving (I hope) and Greg's always gracious in offering me tips to improve my technique. As I think about the end of ballet classes in March, I must come up with a replacement activity. One option I am considering is a basic cooking class to learn skills that I can build upon. I have enjoyed baking for a long time (cupcakes being my self-described specialty), but cooking has come to me later. Both are great creative outlets and I look forward to honing my skills.

Before ballet classes began, I bought a leotard, pink tights and split sole shoes. If I can find a cooking class, I'd like to prepare with one of these beautiful aprons on Etsy. The aprons resemble the cutest of summer dresses and remind me of a simpler time. One of these confections would be sure to give anyone the confidence to whip up the most delicious dinner party offerings.


No comments:

Post a Comment