Feb 26, 2009

Elbow Patches

Is there something seemingly insignificant that makes you weak in the knees? For me that seemingly insignificant entity is the elbow patch. I have a thing for elbow patches, and as it turns out, I am not alone. A co-worker of mine also recently divulged to me that she too swoons over a man with extra support mid-arm. The patches can be of the suede variety on a tweed sports jacket, or plaid on a cord blazer, or simply a doubling over of the original sweater fabric, I do not discriminate; I enjoy and celebrate all elbow patches equally.


I adore when Greg wears elbow patches. It should come as no surprise that the jacket he wore quite often when we first began dating came complete with elbow patches. I think they're fantastic!

Elbow patches are practical; they extend the life of a favourite sports coat, they cover holes and they add visual interest and a point of contrast. Elbow patches suggest that the wearer is professional and suave, and a member of the intelligentsia. The patches increase in sexiness when accessorized with facial stubble and dark rimmed glasses. It is a wonder men aren't running all about town to find garments with elbow patches.

For those of you who feel enticed to run home, pull out the sewing machine and add patches to your own sweaters and jackets, read this guide first.

Photo is from Snowiss Fur.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sister, love the blog! I tried to go to this website to buy this jacket you have pictured, but the link was faulty. Any way I could have the direct link to this jacket?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete