Feb 11, 2009

Further Education

There was a time when I thought going back to school meant pursuing a PhD (I am still not one hundred per cent convinced that I have convinced myself, in my own mind, that this isn't what I equate going back to school to mean). In pursuing hypotheticals and allowing the mind to drift to alternative life choices, I have learned that going back to school can mean other things.

To be clear, I thoroughly enjoyed studying Canadian politics and public policy. I am happy in my career path and enjoy the work I am involved with; it stretches my brain.

However, I think I could also enjoy working in the design field and studying interior design at the University of Manitoba. This shouldn't be taken to mean I think I have any talent in the aforementioned industry (I can barely draw a straight line for Pete's sake). But when you look at the great things happening at MADE (Modern Art Design Exhibit) in Toronto, it isn't hard to fantasize.


No comments:

Post a Comment