Feb 12, 2009

Stretch

Ballet class is getting better. I am learning to concentrate more and to feel the placement of my legs, back and arms, instead of staring at my feet or being unable to peel my eyes off the mirror. I particularly enjoy the floor stretching sessions that we go through mid-class. As a result, I have stretching goals. It has occurred to me that if I post these goals here, I might actually undertake the practice to meet my goals over the next year.

Right now, this is the easiest sort of position for me. It is right out of the pages of any big box yoga class.


Surprisingly, this stretch is easy to get into and hold. It is my one dance class victories. The actual difficulty of this position is unknown to me, but it makes me feel as if I am making progress, even if I have been able to orient my body in this way long before I started talking ballet lessons.

This is my (lofty) goal. I have read up on how to work up to doing the splits. It seems an impossibility from where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment