Mar 10, 2009

Fuse

Visiting Dublin a few years back reminded me of the culture of my home, but also opened my eyes to its increasing metropolitan flavour and the regrowth happening in the city. Cranes decorated the skyline, a simple stroll required tip-toeing around road construction and there was an optimism singing around the street corners about the Celtic Tiger.

Normally associated with U2 and lush green fields (both wonderful things in my mind), Dublin is also home to one of my new favourite interiors firm - Fuse. I've written about a lifelong curiosity with a career in design, which began quite humbly while watching the Painted House at my grandmother's after school. Fuse's leading lady, Danielle Mac Innes, was recently awarded 'Best Newcomer' at Ireland's premier interior design show, Interior Design 2008. Danielle is living out my (and many other's) curiosity.

I love her use of white with splashes of colour, modern elements like an Eames rocker and the pop art. These styles seem fitting for the condominium Greg and I have long been considering purchasing. I'd love to get my hands on an Orla Walsh print. Her ketchup bottle above is a fun take on making everyday objects beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment