Mar 30, 2009

Origami


In case you too were not in the know, the Art Gallery of Alberta at Enterprise Square hosts Art for Lunch on the last Thursday of every month from 12:10-12:50 in the Atrium. While I'm often found eating at my desk, sipping soup at Soul Soup, collecting books from the library or browsing Club Monaco during lunch, this is a great alternative to add to the mix.

On April 30, AGA staff and special guests will discuss origami and show participants how to fold tessellated planes, modular dragons and the basic swan. What a fun idea! I loved playing with origami paper and owned a few books on folding techniques when I was younger. Sadly, I think I'll be out of town that day, but plan to attend Art for Lunch in May.

The photo of the classical kusudama above is from Origami Nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment