Mar 5, 2009

Sushi

Katie's been pestering me for months to contribute a post to Horizontal Stripes, but the more of her sincere and interesting blog entries I read, the more intimidating it is to try my hand ... but here goes. 

I like sushi, quite a bit actually, but have had a hard time shaking the Vancouver "holier than thou" attitude towards praire nigiri since moving to Edmontonia in 2007. 

Katie and I have only been to one sushi place in town together: Wasabi at 5714–111 St. We really enjoyed it, but I did find myself thinking about all the great and super cheap sushi I used to eat at Shima on Denman in Vancouver (I know I know, nobody likes those people who eternally and unfavourably compare a new city to home). 

The university crowd often seems to go to Kyoto on 109th street, and Tokyo Noodle on Whyte Ave, and I've heard good things about both. In the end, Katie eats it all the time, but I seem to prefer eating no sushi at all to facing the possibility that sushi's not necessarily better in B.C.! Sour grapes are so silly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment