Mar 4, 2009

Smile

The days are cold. The sidewalks are slushy. My pants always seem to have sand stains on the bottoms. I dislike every one of my winter coats. The linoleum at the front door rarely seems free of mud. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be much to smile about when you're wedged in the middle of a nothing-special week. To add insult to injury, I opened my lunch container today to find it empty - the whereabouts of my sandwich are unknown.

If you're feeling the same way - smile. Try it. Smile for no reason. I tried it a few days ago and it did make me feel better. Smile and laugh. I am certain that will pull you from the doldrums.

However, in case you're not perked up simply by smiling, here are some beautiful things that make me happy. Perhaps they will make you happy too!

1. Dessert inspiration at Tartelette. This blog takes my love of food styling and photography to a whole new level.

2. A tall glass of cranberry juice mixed with pulpy orange juice; the house special in our home.

3. The photos at Le Love that capture casual romance.




4. House of Telsa corsages because corsages shouldn't only be for the prom.

5. The Silversun Pickups - All The Go Inbetweens.

No comments:

Post a Comment