Mar 14, 2009

Egg

"Oh have you seen my ghost, seen my ghost, seen my ghost..." -- Wintersleep

If you've caught this tune and the recent trailer for Joshua Jackson's One Week, you'll notice Canada is known for its large sculptures of inanimate objects. Small towns hugging the Trans Canada Highway have built massive hot dogs, geese and even Ukrainian eggs to draw passersby into their municipalities.

A few weeks ago, on our way back from Saskatoon, Greg and I stopped in Vegreville, Alberta to check out the world's largest pysanka (Ukrainian Easter egg). Built in 1974 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the egg was designed by a computer scientist, Ron Resch, at the University of Utah. In true roadtrip fashion, we snapped a few pictures of us posing with the egg. In this one, Greg tried to pose as if he was holding up the egg. The pose wasn't quite successful... though I must take blame for that as I was the photographer. 

This picture of Greg's brother, Chris, at the pyramids in Egypt, illustrates the technique more successfully. It seems my photography skills leave something to be desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment