Mar 7, 2009

Inspiration

Though I do not work in a creative industry such as marketing, graphic design or advertising, I do spend a fair amount of my time writing and staring at a computer screen. To avoid writer's block and remain inspired, I have created an inspiration wall on the tack board on my desk. Photos of family, cards, prints and other assorted graphic delights are affixed to my desk. A quick glance at any of the items posted motivates me. You should try it in your work space! Inspiration walls, design boards etc. are a fun and affordable way to display things that are pleasing to you in places where you spend a lot of your time. Further, using cheap frames or push pins means the artwork is easily changed, allowing your eyes to constantly rest on items you find stimulating and positive. Inspiration walls help make the space your own.

Currently my inspiration wall looks like this:


I'd also like to create a wall of inspiration in my home, but our lease won't allow that many holes in the wall. For now, I keep tabs on prints and photographs I find inspirational, knowing that one day I'll hang them all together in our home. Isn't this inspirational wall of Ikea framed delights wonderful?


Photos via Saidos de Concha.

To start your own wall, collect art work from your friends (or your own pieces), wallpaper, wrapping paper or pieces of fabric that are beautiful and meaningful, scour Etsy or 20x200, pile together birthday cards, love letters or post cards from friends and family, add photographs of your loved ones, or ask your children/nieces/nephews to paint pieces to hang. This DIY project has me quite excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment