Feb 21, 2012

The Craziest Date I've Ever Gone On


So, this is a story that most of my family doesn't even know... :)

Greg and my relationship began long distance after meeting at a work conference. While we lived on opposite sides of the country, we both had trips planned to Newfoundland and Alberta respectively in the near future when we began to see that our relationship might be going somewhere, so going on a date was actually something we could plan. We spent a whole month looking forward to our first date in Edmonton in mid April (Greg had romantically sent me a plane ticket to fly up to Edmonton from Calgary, where I was visiting family, so that we could spend a weekend together).

But as the days passed, I couldn't wait for our date.

After perusing Air Canada's website to book my ticket to Calgary, I noticed that it was basically the same cost to buy a frequent flyer pass for one month (there was an amazing sale on at the time) as it was to buy one round trip ticket. So for the cost of one ticket to Alberta, I could also take weekend trips to Fredericton and Toronto, cities where some of my best friends lived, so it made perfect sense. I booked all my flights and let my besties know that I was coming to crash.

Then, one evening a few days later, I realised that my frequent flyer pass would allow for one more trip. A caveat was that I could only fly on Tuesdays, Saturdays or Sundays in April. So, it occurred to me that I could fly to Edmonton first thing on a Saturday morning and could fly back on Sunday - free. I had to do it. Obviously.

And I did it...and made it work on Monday morning on time to boot! Image via Gravesland.

No comments:

Post a Comment