Feb 15, 2012

Maternity Leave Must Haves: Fall + Winter

Maternity Leave Must Haves: Fall + Winter


If there's one thing I truly miss about working, it is my wardrobe. At the office, I'd wear flouncy skirts, sky-high heels and knit sweaters. Jeans were reserved for (some) Fridays and weekends. Now jeans are an almost daily occurrence. But seven months in, I think I'm finally getting a handle on my fashion must-haves for maternity leave. Today I'll share my must-haves for fall and winter, and next week, I'll share my summer and spring must-haves.

  1. A slim fitting coat that hits at the hip. I got mine at Zara, and it's perfect for wearing under a baby carrier. Plus, if you're breastfeeding and lugging baby, chances are your body temperature is warmer than normal so a thinner coat will last you longer into the fall and can be pulled out again in late winter. Coat by Old Navy.
  2. A one-piece swimsuit that flatters your new body. Thomas loves to go swimming at our neighbourhood pool, and I want to be able to participate with confidence. Suit by Top Shop.
  3. A long, v-neck cardigan to throw over basic t-shirts. Cardigans are perfect alternatives to sweatshirts. I always feel more pulled together in a cardigan than a hoodie. Cardigan by Aubin & Willis.
  4. Rubber boots for city walks and country hikes. I love getting outside with Thomas, and living in a rainy city with lot of puddles, galoshes are a necessity for keeping active. Wellingtons by Tretorn.
  5. A striped t-shirt. There's no good functional reason for this. I just love them. T-shirt by House of Fraser.
  6. A fun and flouncy skirt that you can pair with v-neck t-shirts for every occasion. Skirt by Flannels.
  7. A pair of splurge-worthy jeans that make you feel fabulous. Jeans by Citizens of Humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment