Jan 29, 2009

Fresh Air Campaign

I am always curious about what's happening in my home province of Newfoundland and Labrador. A place where I have spent the majority of my life, I find myself swooning when I catch one of the breathtaking NL tourism commercials between the usual wedge of advertisements for $10 meals at Boston Pizza and saving money by buying No Name groceries. Not surprisingly, I am not alone in my delight for these ads - Newfoundland and Labrador received a number of honours at the recent Adrian Awards in New York City. These accolades are well deserved; they capture the unique beauty I have been so lucky to grow up around.

For my favourite commercial, click here.


Every time I come across a snap of a St. John's row house, I long to live in a colourful confection like that of my own. The above photo was taken by a former radio co-worker. He is the owner and photographer of King's Photography.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie, just looked at your "favourite commerical" ...I remember you not liking Heart's Delight quite as much as the newlyweds in the commercial :) And don't even get me started on Cupids versus Brigus!

    ReplyDelete