May 20, 2009

Jars

I adore food styling and photography, and I like to be organized. These two urges leave me loving pantry organization - not that I own a pantry - but the cupboard above my stove acts as our pantry. For now, that cupboard is close enough.

Above our stove sits a collection of jars filled with sugar, flour, rolled oats, popcorn, pasta, icing sugar, chocolate chips, breath mints and rice. I'd love to expand our stocked grains and baked goods to include wider varieties of rice (a necessity due to my newly imposed bland diet), steel cut oats, buckwheat, nuts, caramel chips, cocoa powder, raisins, a variety of coffee beans and loose teas, and couscous.

For lots of recipes for many of these grains, see here. For a great list of staples to keep in your own pantry, see here. I highly agree that no kitchen is complete without extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, broth, pasta, garlic, onions, milk and parmesan cheese. I also think display jars are a great addition to any kitchen. Image via Apartment Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment