Jul 13, 2009

Comox

I feel a little bit more grown-up these days. Greg and I took the plunge and purchased our first real piece of artwork. While a calculated splurge that we slept on, we left the gallery in Qualicum elated and euphoric! I'm very excited to hang the piece in our home.

Feeling inspired by Joslyn's Things I Bought Thursdays, here's our recent purchase - a Brian Buckrell acrylic on canvas board, entitled Turning Left, Comox Ave. Naturally, we hopped in the car and drove the one hour to Comox, BC from Qualicum Beach to check out the very intersection this painting depicts. I cannot think of a more delightful way to spend a rainy day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Bethany. Brian's work is amazing - particularly considering that he only began painting in 2004! You're very lucky to live on the Island - I was struck with its beauty and look forward to heading back to vacation further.

    ReplyDelete