May 1, 2009

Photography

This past summer I spent one week at home while Greg worked during the day. This short stint away from the nine to five world saw me drafting the most massive list of household items that we needed to purchase to make our apartment livable. A digital camera was one of the items on our list.

Despite never having operated a digital camera, Greg is a fantastic photographer. A once film enthusiast, I have been encouraging him to invest in a fancier camera than our Nikon point and shoot (which suits my needs very nicely thank you very much). He has a great eye for colour, depth and placement. I'd love for him to explore his creative side by taking up photography once again. I think it would be great to hang photos he's taken in our home.

My Favourite Photo that Greg's taken of Me

Greg also has quirky ideas for taking photos. When I first moved to Alberta, I noticed that liquor stores are deregulated and owned by private companies. The store names, such as Liquor Barn, are humourous to someone from a place where selling alcohol is a government enterprise. I decided I should take photos of the stores around Alberta and compile them. Perhaps a novel idea, I've taken only one photo in Calgary. In a similarly un-executed vein, Greg has thought to take photos of the word Garneau as it appears on signs and building fronts in our neighbourhood. I think the project would be a great way to celebrate one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Edmonton.



These photos that I found via Cup of Jo taken by photographer boyfriends of their lovely girlfriends are a virtual call to Gregory to purchase a camera and make me look similarly lovely. Oh yeah, I also want to encourage him to pursue this fantastic creative outlet.

For more loving photos see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment