Aug 5, 2011

Picnic

Two blocks from our house is the Victorian-style urban park, Bannerman Park complete with a playground, public swimming pool, baseball diamond and lots of places to set out a blanket under a tree for a picnic. It is actually the oldest park in Newfoundland and Labrador. As a child, my grandmother (who lived literally across the street from our current house for more than 30 years) would take me and my cousins to that very park while caring for us while our parents were at work. I've bookmarked the same walk I took as a child with her as a regular routine for our son and me once he makes an appearance. This chevron picnic basket seems the perfect DIY to stash in the carriage to use to enjoy a mid-afternoon snack in Bannerman Park. Photo and DIY instructions via Twig and Thistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment