Apr 24, 2011

Maternity Clothes


For all the other expectant mothers out there, I thought it appropriate to share the benefits of the hours of web-trawling I have done to find fashionable and affordable maternity clothes.

I admit it - before this babe came along shopping was a breeze. Stores generally carried my straight off the rack size, limited alterations were required (aside from my routine $8 jean hemming at our neighbourhood tailor) and finding clothing that fit my style and budget was fairly easy. Welcome pregnancy and all of a sudden shopping, not to mention simply getting dressed in the morning, has become a challenge. However, I have found a few tried and true sources for maternity clothes that I like, can afford and fit well.

My sources:
  • ASOS - This British site is fantastic. If you shop nowhere else during your pregnancy, I recommend that you shop here. Shipping is quick and free, and prices are available in Canadian dollars. You can also watch each style on the runway, which is very helpful when anticipating how the fabric will flow and fit. I've bought three dresses from here thus far, and am debating which ones from their line will be my next purchases. French Connection even sells a maternity line through ASOS. Right now, I'm loving the Breton Stripe Jersey Dress, Swallow Print Tunic and Layered Sleeve Shift Dress.
  • American Apparel - I literally live in black leggings and long sweaters when I'm not at the office. American Apparel has a great variety of slim fit maternity clothes, and the most adorable onesies for baby.
  • Joe Fresh - Though Joe technically doesn't have a maternity line, I personally find their cuts and sizing to be very maternity friendly (particularly in the second trimester). Joe's plethora of long striped t-shirts has been a great score. And further, what could be better than scoring a new top for $10 while simultaneously picking up your weekly groceries?
Image of Kitted Waist Seam Dress, one of my ASOS picks and the dress I'm sporting this Easter Sunday, via ASOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment