Dec 14, 2010

Skating

As a child, my brother (and mother... and sometimes me) would flood our backyard and make a skating rink. We had endless hours of fun with pick up games of hockey and skating until our toes were slightly frost-bitten.

This ice skating party has me completely inspired to go back to that tradition and convince my mom to flood her yard yet again so that I can host such a soiree. Our new house would be swell as a venue, but our stone, tiered-patio is less than ideal for an impromptu hockey rink. I suspect, however, that we'll have to settle for our neighbourhood's annual skating party at St. Bon's on January 2 (which BTW is also such a fun idea, I love that our neighbourhood has an annual skating party!). All images via The Sweetest Occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment