Mar 8, 2010

Walking-out

Around these parts (and perhaps elsewhere as well), a few years ago it was customary to change out of your wedding dress and into a suit at the end of your wedding reception to make a grand exit as husband and wife. My mom wore a grey suit complete with red flowing scarf and red pumps! How glamourous, huh?

I love this tradition (despite calls from many girlfriends that I must be insane not to want to remain in my white gown for as long as possible). The idea of Greg and I departing together in a style indicative of our forthcoming life together makes me excited! Talk about stepping out!

We've (I've) decided we want a glamourous look to being our life together. I'll embark on my life as Mrs. Clarke in black patent pumps and this satin fitted little black dress. Mrs. Uptown is my inspiration! I think the black dress will make a great contrast to my diamond white dress and this white ribbon bracelet that my mom is making for me and that will be adorned with a heirloom sapphire pendant from Greg's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment