Sep 5, 2009

Fullhouse

This past summer, Greg and I roadtripped across British Columbia feasting on delicious meals, drinking in the sea air and scouring vintage shops for mid-century modern delights. Our major find was Fullhouse Consignment in West Granville in Vancouver. This shop afforded us the opportunity (note the choice of words suggests I see it as somewhat of an honour to have a vintage piece find you) to purchase an orange vintage Eames fibreglass shell chair. The seat will be placed in our foyer as a perch to tie up shoes and knot scarves when it arrives on the moving truck on Monday.

In thinking about the arrival of our furniture, my mind drifted back to Fullhouse and I wanted to profile some of their current wares. As Vancouver is basically our other hometown (meaning Greg's hometown and my adopted hometown), I like to profile movers and shakers in the design world there too.

I was particularly taken by their collection of teak mirrors (one of which also came home with us and will be hanging in our foyer as well). Here are some of my favourite items that are currently for sale:

Chrome and Lucite Dining Chairs

Rosewood and Chrome Telephone Table

Reclaimed Teak Bar Stools

A Green Atomic Lamp

Best of all, Fullhouse will ship anywhere in Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment