Sep 26, 2009

Buttons

I love buttons and have since I was a young girl. The most vivid memory I have of kindergarten is playing with buttons that our teacher kept in a basket. Presumably placed in the room as a device to teach us to count, I was fascinated by the pieces. I remember taking a yellow button home one day in my pocket and that button was added to a sweater that my mother was knitting for me. Perhaps my love of buttons at age five was an early sign of my love for finding beauty in the everyday, and combining form and function.

Given my penchant for buttons, I was struck by this neckwarmer on Etsy this morning. Isn't the button placement fantastic? It would be the perfect accompaniment to the fresh walk Greg and I have planned with family this afternoon. Images via Decor 8 and Knittles.

No comments:

Post a Comment