Jul 16, 2010

America

I'm feeling an increasing curiosity to visit the US. We spent our honeymoon in California. I have just returned from a business trip to Massachusetts. I was once stranded on a bus on an interstate for two days in a snowstorm in Pennsylvania. My first trip to the US was when I was 19 for a Model United Nations conference in New York City.

Beyond this, I'm a stranger to our neighbour to the south.

Greg and I think about vacations and dream destinations from time to time. We have a curiosity to drive down the Oregon Coast, to spend a sleepy week in Savanna, to explore Philadelphia. Frank Chimero's illustrations are a fun and quirky depiction of the US of A and they help to sustain my curiosity. Via Jeremy and Kathleen.

2 comments:

  1. The thing I love about living smack dab in the middle of the states is the ability to drive just about anywhere in a day or two.

    I'm glad you love the illustrations as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concept of driving anywhere when you live on a massive island is such a strange (but envious) concept to me!

    ReplyDelete