Jul 14, 2010

Breakfast

As a child (and teenager... and young professional living with my family a few years ago,) pancake breakfasts were a weekend staple, and in graduate school peanut butter toast was a daily indulgence. I've gone through fits of Pop Tarts (while living in the UK for the first time on my own and missing anything processed and 'North American') and healthier peach yoghurt. But right now, and for the past two years, I've typically enjoyed multigrain cereal and a small glass of orange juice religiously for my petit dejeuner. I tend to chase it with a Granny Smith apple mid-morning. When I'm travelling for work, or am craving something sweet, I reach for a sugary danish or carrot muffin (yum!).

While I've accepted morning food variations in my life, I do not drink coffee or tea in the morning (or at any time of day) and am unwavering in my convictions on such matters. Greg is a cereal guy too, but he substitutes the orange juice for a latte (made lovingly with his gifted espresso machine from yours truly last Christmas). What did you eat for breakfast this morning? What do you plan to eat tomorrow? Check out what other people enjoy with this photo series from Jon Huck. Image via Jon Huck. Via Cup of Jo.

P.S. I cannot believe how many people only drink a hot beverage in the morning. I'm not a nutritionist (by any means) but am nonetheless feeling the need for an intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment