Jul 24, 2009

Wishes

These days I'm drawing significant inspiration from Door Sixteen (check out Anna and her house on Flickr here). The mix of 100 year old wood floors with the best in mid-century design has me excited. I also enjoy her support for and continued use of Ikea products.

While Anna seems capable of scouring the best finds (an upholstered Eames rocker for $20!), I'm chaulking her good luck up to the fact that she's steps from NYC, while I'm in frosty Edmonton. Greg and I are however, on a mission (or I'm on it and he's tolerating it!) to expand our mid-century modern fare beyond one vintage Eames orange moulded plastic side chair, a House of Cards, a Hang it All and two scavenged fibreglass bar stools.

My dream wish list includes:


Two (Canadian designed!) Solair Chairs by Fabrio Fabiano and Michelange Panzini to place outdoors on a stone patio (to purchase see here). I smile when envisioning a DIY planter, in yellow or another contrasting colour, flanking the chairs. For a full expose on the Solair's come back, check out The Globe and Mail.


An Eames LCM for the living room in red. For a beautiful vintage one, check out see this eBay listing. I think the LCM would add more texture, through the use of wood and metal, to our furnishings, as well as an always appreciated dash of red.


Two Bertoia Chairs to sit around a Saarinen table (or more likely, this Ikea 'cousin') to sip lemonade on a patio under a trellised archway (one can dream!). To purchase Bertoia chairs, check out Knoll.


An Eames House Bird from the Eames Office to set on a mantelpiece. I think the wooden confection would accent our new painting very nicely!


A George Nelson Saucer CC lamp to hang over our dining table (available from Modernica). I think the colour and shape would nicely complement our Torsby table (in the forsted blue glass variety that's no longer being manufactured) and Nandor chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment