Jun 9, 2009

Wrapping

A few weekends ago, Greg and I soaked up the sun (when it finally came out) at a friends' son's birthday party. Before heading over to their backyard, we reused some wrapping paper to conceal the present. For those curious, we gave the little tyke The Story of Ferdinand and Alligator Pie. Selecting from the paper and shiny bag collection we've amassed in our apartment since last January has left me thinking about all sorts of ways to wrap presents.

Like many, I truly enjoy giving people presents. In thinking back, I recall a multi-item present that I gave to my friend Lesley many years ago that included a map in the card. The countries where her presents had originated were highlighted to pique her interest before opening the packages. Coming up with fun ways to present birthday or holiday presents is half the fun. However, I often end up procrastinating and wrapping presents only moments before I head to the celebration.

In an effort to stimulate my creative juices, here are creative wrapping ideas I found via Real Simple.

How about wine bottles wrapped in dish towels? Why not make the wrapping part of the present!
A skipping rope makes a great alternative to ribbon for a child's present.

Newspapers, maps and comics are a great stand in for traditional wrapping paper.

For more ideas, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment