Jun 15, 2009

Uniform

This morning, in typical Monday fashion, I threw on a favourite outfit - chunky green beads, a black v-neck t-shirt and a flouncy green and black skirt - to head to the office. I need simple on Monday mornings. For me, Monday is not a time for fussy buttons, stilettos, or pressed blouses. It also helps that it has been super hot in Edmonton over the past few days, which makes my outfit solidly work appropriate.

As I've gone about my work day, I've been enjoying my black t-shirt more and more. I like that the sleeves aren't short or tight, but yet the body of the shirt isn't baggy. I truly think I could make a uniform out of this t-shirt. I'm feeling very inclined to buy more of these American Apparel t-shirts in forest, navy, asphalt and white.

Speaking of uniforms, check out The Uniform Project. Beginning last month, this woman will be wearing one dress for a whole year to raise funds for the Akanksha Foundation's School Project to fund uniforms and other education expenses for slum children in India. Her daily outfits reflect the creativity students find when required to wear a uniform to school. Of all the ways she's worn the dress so far, here's my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment