This month's Real Simple includes a list of the 30 healthiest foods (think mushrooms, skim milk, almonds and edamame). The feature has me looking forward to many delicious and nutritious (and simple!) snacks and side dishes in our future. I'm particularly excited by the prospect of:
- Kiwi sliced thinly and drizzled with honey and topped with toasted coconut;
- Broccoli tossed with olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper, roasted until tender, and sprinkled with grated Parmesan before serving;
- Avocados halved, drizzled with soy sauce and fresh lime juice, and sprinkled with sesame seeds;
- Black beans tossed with olive oil, ground cumin and salt, and roasted until crispy; and
- Sweet potatoes steamed with cut up apples, and then pureed with maple syrup and crushed red pepper.
Do you have any delicious go-to healthy snacks and sides? I'm so curious.