Oct 21, 2010

Idea I

Over the coming weeks, I plan to profile some of the many design ideas that are inspiring my thoughts for our new home.

Idea #1? New exterior doors. An exterior renovation is in our plans and right now I'm day dreaming about new doors. I'm feeling very inspired by colour (which in St. John's, unlike in many other Canadian cities, is expected and encouraged), namely for our doors. It is so hard to decide which colour to choose. I'm curious, do all your doors have to be the same colour? Or can you mix it up? My good friend MaryBeth is currently debating a burgendy door, while I'm dreaming about oranges and mustards. Inspiration found via Fresh Home Blog.

This front door has fantastic presence. Image via Pacific Mutual Door.

While not in our immediate plans, these yellow doors would look smashing off our kitchen where a patio door currently exists. Image via Design Sponge.

I'm also dreaming about a new back door from the basement with a large window. Image via Apartment Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment